This course will introduce students to CMS and XEDIT
and is designed for those who will need to use them
on a day-to-day basis in the course of their work.
There are practical sessions throughout the class
to reinforce the knowledge gained during the practical
Staff who need to use CMS and XEDIT.
The maximum recommended student to instructor
ratio is 16:1
By the end of the course, the delegates will be
able, with the aid of course notes to:
· Identify the major components of a Virtual
· Send messages between machines.
· Create new files and XEDIT existing files.
· Locate information within files and use
common XEDIT commands for updating files
· Create a PROFILE EXEC to customise their
of current knowledge
Introduction to mainframes
components of a Virtual Machine
Disk and File Structure
System Status area
Command Search Sequence
Customising a CMS Session
Some useful VM Commands
a new file
Editing a file
Saving an updated file
XEDIT Prefix Subcommands